Summary of Duties
Mechanical Engineer performs duties in planning and designing tools, engines, machines, and other mechanically functioning equipment. The position is responsible for organizing highly complex activities of the design, development, implementation, and maintenance of engineering projects.
To succeed in this role, you should have excellent attention to detail and be able to direct and teach others as you work with the teams to produce the best products.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Reads and interprets blueprints, technical drawings, schematics, or computer generated reports. Assists drafters in developing the structural design of products using drafting tools or computer-assisted design (CAD).
- Researches, designs, evaluates, installs, operates, and maintains mechanical products, equipment, systems and processes to meet requirements.
- Confers with engineers or other personnel to implement operating procedures, resolve system malfunctions, or provide technical information.
- Recommends design modifications to eliminate machine or system malfunctions.
- Conducts research that tests or analyzes the feasibility, design, operation, or performance of equipment, components, or systems.
- Investigates equipment failures and difficulties to diagnose faulty operation, and to make recommendations to maintenance crew.
- Develops and tests models of alternate designs and processing methods to assess feasibility, operating condition effects, possible new applications and necessity of modification.
- Develops, coordinates, or monitors all aspects of production, including selection of manufacturing methods, fabrication, or operation of product designs.
- Specifies system components or directs modification of products to ensure conformance with engineering design and performance specifications.
- Researches and analyzes customer design proposals, specifications, manuals, or other data to evaluate the feasibility, cost, or maintenance requirements of designs or applications.
- Writes performance requirements for product development or engineering projects.
- Develop, evaluate, and improve manufacturing methods.
- Estimate production times, staffing requirements, and related costs to provide information for management decisions.
- Transition products from product development to production.
- Oversee manufacture of products and process optimization.
- Interface with customers.
This position will have some supervisory responsibilities.
Travel may be expected.
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Complex problem solving
- Critical thinking
- Judgment and decision making
- Operations analysis
- Time management
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Technical Capacity
- Communication Proficiency
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering.
NOTE: Since a majority of SeaLandAire's business is funded by the US Department of Defense, applicants must be a "US Person" (US Citizen or Legal Permanent Resident).
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear (sometimes in a noisy environment), sit, stand, walk, climb (occasionally), and do repetitive movements with hands.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by employees assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as a complete list of all job duties performed by persons in the position.
Management reserves the right to revise or amend duties at any time as the needs of the company and requirements of the job change. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.